Saturday 19 November 2011

Module 6

Flickr and Copyright/Creative Commons.  Have got myself a Flikr account and actually uploaded a few photos that have no people in them, and are my own just for a go. From a trip to Melbourne earlier in the year.

This was actually a great module given the work we will be doing with Year 10 in the next week or two (All My Own Work, especially the copyright section). The creative commons "get creative" video was good as I have heard the term "creative commons" often, and even put links to creative commons materials on wikis before when kids were doing projects, but I didn't really understand how it worked. Now I do - a bit better, anyway. And given what I have explored this afternoon, I'll be able to run that session more effectively. Would also be good to get our teacher librarian involved. When the boys do their research and prepare their presentations, I think we will require at least two items in their final presentations taken from creative commons sourced material, and require appropriate bibliographic referencing/attributions of course.

Don't know if I will use Flickr myself for publishing photos (or maybe just not yet) but knowing how to locate items on Flickr will be great, especially when getting boys to create their own works. This module was quite useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment