Saturday 19 November 2011

Module 7

Happy days - nearing the end here. Even though I have been a big user of delicious for four years now, courtesy of our teacher-librarian, I found it useful to have a look at the new features. Also took the challenge of importing my bookmarks to delicious, so now I won't loose them (wish that feature was there a year ago when I changed schools and computers!)

Found Melinda Nunn's blog and had a look at some of her reflections - a great way to see what other teachers are doing/learning reflecting on.

Delicious is one of the tools I recommend to students in year 10 as they undertake their preparation for year 11/12 - a great way to not only store all their own suggested sites, but a great starting point for searches as rather than searching all of the net, they can search through delicious and find things others have already found useful enough to save. I make the kids get their own delicious accounts on the spot. Our TL also used to encourage the teachers to link to her delicious and she had a library delicious account set up so kids could go through library homepage and access suggested links forwarded by their teachers - makes for a great course reference from year to year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment